The Winter Wellness Retreat is for you, to boost your energy moving into the Winter months, let go of the junk from 2020, and prepare for the next chapter in your life.
The Winter Wellness Retreat 21st and 22nd November is planned for over two-days in Derbyshire. Working with a therapy herd of 18 horses, you will gain a lot over the two days!
It doesn’t matter if you are a retired equine professional or have never been around horses, the therapy herd is on hand to guide you gently through the two days and yes, you will need suitable footwear, coats, hats, and warm things to wear as you will be outside and get to know some of the horses, like Harry here on the right, throughout the days!
What can I expect from the horses and the Therapists?
- A warm welcome from your hosts
- Grounded, practical, and down-to-earth therapists,
- All parties will take great care of you during the retreat
- That your safety will be taken care of
- You’ll gain a new perspective on horses
- Help you to go inwards and connect to the present moment
- Retreat and hibernate ready to let go and recharge over winter
- Insights into yourself
- Connection to large animals, and some of the lessons they share
- Be relaxing and rejuvenating experience
- Support for your immune system, mental, emotional, and physical health.
- Declutter of your emotions, thoughts, and feelings
- Be able to let go as you move into winter and the final parts of the year.
- Nurture, nourish and be still
- Laughter and a great sense of humour
You can join us for the whole weekend or just for one day, each day is designed to stand alone and provide you with a transformative experience.
However, if you book both days together you will experience the layering effect of woking holistically, for a completely transformative, relaxing, and rejuvenating weekend.
Let go of this year, to allow yourself to move into next year.
- Start the day with a movement meditation.
- Mindfulness activity
- Outdoor walk
- Connection with the horse (no experience needed)
- Grooming the horses outside
- Foraging and collaging activity
- You will spend time relaxing with the horses
- Horses choose who they want to support and work with
- That horse helps you to identify and let go of the things from this year
- The herd also holds space for yours and the group’s transformation.
- Includes a delicious lunch of a healthy winter soup, with a take-away recipe.
- Firepit relaxation
- Reflection on the day.
Deeper letting go, reflect, and move on in life.
- Start the day with reflection and mindfulness.
- Set intentions for the day and develop a deeper understanding of yourself.
- Movement and guided walking meditation.
- You will undertake some herd watching and mapping exercises with the shore, again they get to choose you!
- A powerful combination of energy alignment method (EAM) exercises exploring self-care, trust, and how in-tune we are with the seasons. Combined with equine-assisted therapy exercises with the herd. You are guided through this to develop an awareness of what we need to let go of once and for all, and allow us to do this in a holistic and innovative way.
- Lunch included healthy winter soup, with a takeaway recipe.
- Spending time with the horses provides an insightful representation of your feelings. You will be guided through simple activities that allow you to take an in-depth look at what you need to release in order to move forward and create space to allow you to do this.
- Take away skills and tactics to anchor your emotional state to support you in moving forward into new you and the new year.
- Intention setting for new you and next year
- Fire relaxation and reflection of the weekend
Meet the Therapists
Sarah Stephens Is a rare find… She has a degree in Psychology, a Masters’s degree in Forensic Psychology, a diploma in Psychotherapy and she is a certified NLP Coach, as well as a member of the National Council of Psychotherapists (NCP).
Sarah’s life changed suddenly in 2016 when, at the age of 27 and when her career was taking off, she was diagnosed with stage 3 triple-negative breast cancer. By the time she underwent a bilateral mastectomy, she had set up a not-for-profit organization to deliver equine-assisted therapy to people going through traumatic times, in particular cancer sufferers.
Within her first year of business, she had a contract with a national cancer charity and the NHS, and Spirit & Soul are still helping people to this day. It is the Therapy Herd who will be looking after you on your Winter Wellness Retreat!
Ruthy Doolittle, a powerful and intuitive change-maker, provides Holistic Wellness for Women, their children, cats, dogs, and horses.
Like Sarah, Ruth is a rarity! As Animal Communicator, Energy Alignment Method EAM Mentor, Holistic Therapist, and Intuitive Teacher she is a one-off with her unique blend of 30 years of professional training and experience. Having been through quite the transformation personally and professionally over the past two decades Ruth combines her skillset to provide you with a highly intuitive and transformation experience.
She is warm and incredibly grounded, as she helps you to connect with your intuition and aspects of yourself, you will overcome challenging or stagnated old patterns, emotions, feelings, thoughts, and beliefs so that you feel happier, connected and calm.
Ruthy is a published author, currently writing her 2nd book, and has recently completed a TEDx Frome talk on “Intuition and what we can learn from connecting with animals.”
Do you have any questions?
Where is it?
- Spirit & Soul
- Canal Side Farm Office and Stables,
- Stenson Road,
- DE73 7HL
They are on the outskirts of Derby, located between Derby and Burton-on-Trent.
Onsite parking is available. However please direct any queries to Ruthy directly.
There will be breaks throughout the day as well as warm drinks and lunch which will all be provided.
We are doing everything we can to ensure your safety before and during your visit, numbers are limited and advance booking is essential.
Booking and Pricing – EARLY BIRD until 30th September!
Advance booking IS Essential. Due to the nature of the retreat being mainly outdoors, please dress appropriately.
Bear in mind we are only able to host retreat attendees who are not showing any signs or symptoms of illness. If you are in doubt, please call Ruthy first.
Currently postponed until Spring 2021
Winter Wellness Retreat – One day £125
Winter Wellness Retreat Weekend – £297 book on the button below for one or two days.One Day Retreat Winter Wellness Retreat Weekend